MentalScape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu])
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:56 pm by Eilonwe

» Dark Angel's Delight (eilonwe x Ryu)
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:36 pm by Eilonwe

» The Divinity of a Death Well Lived [Akri ] (not sure if adult or not)
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 pm by Akri

» Truth or Dare (eilonwe x Akri ) (Aoi x Shou, eventually adult)
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 am by Eilonwe

» Taboo [AkrixAmakai]
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 pm by Amakai

» Dream or Reality [Akrixscyllaphoenix]
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 pm by Akri

» High School Hopeless (Ryu) [naughty bits included]
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 10:17 pm by Avadedra Hetarra

» Sleeping With the Enemy (Ryu and Akri) [Mature ReixYuu]
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:59 pm by Ryu

» Narcissus under the Rose (Eilonwe x Akri)
Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Eilonwe

Chatbox
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 am

Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu])

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 Empty Re: Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu])

Post  Eilonwe Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 am

Sephiroth tried not to let they way Cloud had flinched affect him, but it did. Still, even with the instinctual reaction to pull away, Cloud had stilled himself allowing the touch and it eased something that had been clenched inside him.

There might be alot of thoughts running around in his head, but he was perfectly clear about what he wanted when it came to Cloud. He frowned slightly and let his hand fall, his head turning to take in the countenance of whomever had invaded their privacy. It wasn't anyone he recognized immediately, though that didn't mean the stranger wouldn't recognize him. Sephiroth's image had been displayed larger than life on the vid screens for months during his previous reign of terror. Even if they had never met prior to this, chances are the man had already obtained a negative impression of him and he wouldn't be surprised if the man refused to assist.

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu]) - Page 2 Empty Re: Are We... Just a Memory? (Sephiroth x Cloud [Eilonwe and Ryu])

Post  Eilonwe Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:26 am

Harlequin could hardly believe it when Cloudstrife called him. The man was a known loner and for him to actually ask for help... something serious had to be going down. There weren't that many people, okay exactly 2, that Harlequin trusted and respected enough to come to their aid with almost no questions asked. Cloudstrife was one of them. Tifa was the other.

Harlequin quickly pulled out his field surgury kit and checked to make sure he had everything he might possibly need. IV fluids, synthetic blood, drugs, even an portable ventilator and cardiac bypass machine. Loading up his van he drove out to Cloudstrife's location. He wasn't sure what he'd find but a broken-down man who bore an eery semblance to that psychopath Sephiroth wasn't it.

Seeing the man made him pause. There was no way it could be Sephiroth, he'd been there for the final battle. He'd seen that huge black wing unfurl then wrap around Sephiroth before he dispersed in a fall of black feathers. In fact, Harlequin still had one of those feathers tied into his braid. As a reminder of what could happen when you let people control you, when you let revenge destroy your compassion, when you willing gave up everything that makes a human ... human.

"Cloudstrife." Harlequin acknowledged. He eyed the bleeding man sitting on the bed. "That my patient?" He asked, knowing the answer with the way that Cloudstrife seemed to be hovering over him.

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:52 pm

When the other man spoke, Cloud nodded softly and looked back over his shoulder in a glance, but tried to keep it nonchalant. "That's him." He said, and his blue orbs bared into the other's own with a rather intense stare.

That's him. He meant it, as it was his patient, but he also meant it as, this is that man. The man we fought, the man we defeated. The man that has hurt our loved ones and taken everything from us. This is that man. This is him.

But I need him, he heard his own voice say in his head, now looking back at the other and looked him over helplessly. "I need you to do what ever you can... I think his leg is twisted and his arm and... the um... well the mess on his back, you'll just have to look at and see what you can do with." He said, moving out of the other's way, but he was, in fact, hovering.

Something told him he needed to give the other space, but there was a force that was keeping Cloud within a small radius of Sephiroth. Of course there was a slight worry that Harlequin wouldn't be willing to help, but he had to try. He didn't have really anyone else to call.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:39 pm

Harlequin wanted to ignore the implications in Cloudstrife's response, but he couldn't. He wanted to feel righteous indignation and hatred for Sephiroth... but looking at him now, he ... couldn't. The creature that was bent before him now seemed more like a broken version of the hero Sepiroth used to be, than the psychopathic murderer that he'd become before Cloud had destroyed him.

Moving closer, he kept a wary eye on both men, uncertain of the dynamics of this obviously fucked up relationship. Sure enough, it appeared that "Sephiroth" had a broken leg, a horribly dislocated elbow and - if he had to guess - the shattered remains of a wing hanging from his shoulder blade. Leaving the remnant of wing in place would only add to his pain, but the medical ethics in him wouldn't let him ignore it. "I'll have to remove the rest of this... uh...joint. There's no saving it and if I leave it in place there's no way it will heal properly and likely it will cause pain for the rest of his mis- uh life. I can reset his elbow and leg and put them in casts but he'll need to be non-weightbearing for at least 5 weeks if you want the fractures to heal properly."

Part of him wanted to refuse to treat the wounded man, especially if he was the man of infamy he suspected he was. But he was a medic, he was dedicated to preserving life and quality of life. He might have his doubts about his current patient's code of honor, but Cloudstrife had proven - on more than one occasion - that he was a man of honor and virtue. Cloudstrife took his own failures and weaknesses to heart in a way that was humbling and true. If Cloud - of all people - was asking for help for this man, whoever he might be, then he must be worth saving.

"You got any allergies or medication tolerances I should be aware of? 'Cause, as much as I'd like to in your case, I won't lie to you on account of my respect for Cloud. This is gonna hurt like a son of a bitch, and you'll do better actually if you don't pass the fuck out on me. So I need to know how much meds to give you, if you want them. I need to set your leg and arm, and then I need to just remove this shattered bit of bone right at the shoulder blade joint. It will help it heal but - you'll never fly again. Not that I believe in the regeneration of limbs, and if you regenerate that black wing I'm pretty sure we're fucked. So, uh... what do you say? I got Ketamine and Versed - they're good for dissociative anasthesia with post procedure amnesia. And when you wake up, I've got good ole lady morphine."

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:29 pm

The man watched as the medic went over the list of medications he'd have to administer. Just the thought of watching him tear out the rest of the bone on the other's shoulder gave Cloud some uneasy feelings in his lower stomach, but he only shifted around. "The SOLDIER serum they gave us, insures that we don't have any allergies to medications and other such things. He'll actually heal faster than a normal person, so... let's just get this done." He said, shifting a little again, as the other seemed to just be sitting there, listening. At least he wasn't fighting anything. At least he was just sitting there and accepting what ever was being said, or at least, it seemed that way.

Cloud walked over to the water again and looked down into the clear liquid, seeing the bottom and tried to relax. His emotions were all over the place and he had to center himself again for a moment, before he looked back at the man sitting on the ground, his blue green eyes starring at the ground, listening. The way his silver hair framed his face made Cloud's temperature rise, though he wasn't sure as to why. He wasn't mad. Right now, he couldn't afford to be mad. He'd already saved the other from his fall and brought him all the way here, but he couldn't be mad. He just wished that the other would speak for himself.

Crossing his arms over his chest, the other faced the two others and waited for a moment. "Is there anything you need me to get, Harliquin?" He asked softly.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Harlequin grunted but shook his head no. Of all the shady people he'd been called upon to patch up... Sephiroth wasn't one he'd ever thought he'd agree to work on. The psychopath was... Harlequin had to bite his cheek and remind himself that he owed Cloud far more than this favor. Though this was certainly work two or more favors. He couldn't imagine what was running in Cloud's head, that he was now seeking to help the man he'd almost died to destroy. And that was crux, wasn't it? Many had watched Sephiroth devolve into a shower of black feathers. They'd all assumed he'd died, and had been grateful for the knowledge.

What apocalypse loomed on the horizon now that Sephiroth was back? And what part did Cloud have in it? He would have bet his balls that Cloud would never allow himself to be corrupted, so there had to be something more about the situation than met the eye.

For all that, Harlequin was still a man of many faults, and holding a grudge was one of them. He pretended to draw up a local anesthetic, but in reality he'd drawn up saline, hoping the salt water would add pain to the wound he was forced to patch up. It was petty, but it was all he could do since he'd given his word he'd patch this beast up and prevent him from dying of his wounds.

Injecting it, he quickly went to work, using his scalpel to sever the ligaments and tendons holding the shard of bone to the joint. To his credit, Sephiroth made little noise, though Harlequin was sure it had to hurt like hell. Still, he was a professional and he quickly sealed any severed blood vessels and then made quick work of sealing the wounds shut. "Unfortunately, you'll live" he grumbled as he turned to start packing up his stuff.

He stood up and handed Cloud two bottles of pills. "One is an antibiotic to prevent infection, the other is a mild narcotic for pain. I couldn't bring you any of the good stuff without prescription. Do me a favor and don't call me for a while." Harlequin glared at Cloud making his displeasure known.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sephiroth sat silently, ignoring the conversation that was going on around him for the most part, his mind fogged by pain and fatigue. He fought the urge to hiss in pain as the medic Cloud had brought in injected him with something. He was almost certain the substance meant to harm rather than heal, but his abnormal DNA was able to counter almost any toxin so he didn't worry about it. The surgery was painful but over quickly. In the end the wound throbbed but at least the nerves were no longer exposed. He watched as the medic handed Cloud a few bottles of pills and it was all he could do to stay awake until the other left. He refused to show weakness in front of a stranger. Cloud was the only one he trusted himself to be weak and vulnerable around, and if Cloud decided to use that to his advantage so be it. k

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Cloud began to hover as soon as the medic began his task. He noticed that there was definitely pain in the other's face, but there was a slight satisfaction in knowing the man was feeling something. Although he wanted to heal Sephiroth, past grudges died hard, and seeing the agony passing in front of the other's eyes satisfied Cloud's still dying need for revenge. As if killing him twice hadn't been enough. But something hollow began to slip into his being and things began to weigh on him differently.

As soon as Harlequin was done, Cloud felt a bit of tension leave his shoulders, but it was replaced by a slight sting when he saw the anger in the other man's eyes. He glared back just as deeply and took the pills. "Do not question my actions... I have done more than you could ever repay me for... All I ask for, is your trust... You didn't have to come here... but I'm glad you did." He said, dismissing the other and waited, before he looked to Sephiroth and tossed the pills into his lap. "Take those as directed..." He said after a while, rubbing at the bridge of his nose in a failed attempt to calm his nerves. "I need to go. I'll be back before nightfall." He said suddenly, making his way to the door and all but shoving it open and slamming it shut behind him.

The hot air on his face was not as welcoming as he had hoped it would be. The man looked up towards the heavens and sighed softly. "Aerith... What the hell are you doing... sending him here, after everything?" He asked aloud, making his way to his bike and started it up, riding off in no real particular direction, hoping that the wind would help him feel better as it usually did, but that hollowness came back and began to eat at him, before he finally turned around and, as promised, returned before sunset.

So many feelings welled up inside of Cloud's chest when he saw the other man's face again, his cheeks tinging red, as he stomped over to the other and lifted him by his collar. How had he remained so calm through all of this so far? He wondered to himself, his vibrant blue eyes barring down into the other's deep blue and green ones. "Why!?" He asked suddenly, shaking Sephiroth a little. "Why did you come back?? Tell me! Why do you say all you want is my forgiveness!?" He asked suddenly and loudly. Now that the worst was over, he'd felt himself snap. He couldn't do this, he kept telling himself over and over again, but at the same time, there was a voice. It didn't necessarily belong to him completely, but it was there all the same. It told him of how he could do this... how he could forgive the other... How eventually, he was going to look up to him again. "Please... why did you come back? Why did you... Why do you need my forgiveness? Why does it have to be me??"

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:39 am

Pain was nothing new to Sephiroth. He'd known numerous kinds of physical and emotional pain through all his various lives and deaths.  As Harlequin worked on him he distracted himself by watching Cloud.  It was fascinating how much he'd grown. So much had changed in the other, it was clear to see the parts of his personality that had become hardened, jaded... and yet there was still within him a brightness that was blinding. There was so much he wanted to say, and yet ... there were no words adequate.  

He watched in silence as the other finished up, and then Cloudstrife was tossing the pills into his lap with an order to take them then storming out soon after.  He could see the obvious strain in Cloud's countenance.  All he could hope for, if he dared to hope, was that Cloud would indeed return as promised.  

His reflexes tensed up when Cloud came striding in just as the sun dipped fully below the horizon.  He gave no resistance as the other shook him like a rag-doll, all but screaming his anger and frustration in Sephiroth's face.  Yet, how was he to answer him when he wasn't even certain himself?  

Heavily he sighed and began to pace once Cloud released him.  With a soft voice he began to speak, as much to Cloud as to the fates. As if ... putting everything into words would be enough to clarify his confused emotions, as if saying what he wished were true would make it real.

"Cloudstrife... I... *sigh*  I used to be just like you.  Hell, I was you - the way you were when we first met. I was young and so full of hope, so full of strength and the desire to do good.  I knew I was strong and I gladly made it my responsibility to use that strength to help others, to keep them safe.  Being a SOLDIER wasn't a job for me, it was my vocation, my calling!"  

Sephiroth ran a shaky hand through his hair, tucking a piece behind his ear as he absently rubbed his chest, as if the slight massage could ease the ache in his heart.  "But then I learned the truth, about what the company was really doing, about the lifestream, about JENOVA.  I felt betrayed in the worst way.  I looked at myself, at my life, at everything I'd done in my life ... and all I saw was evil.  I, who thought I was the hero, but I was in fact the villain.  I was helping to torture and kill our planet, helping to subjugate and break the will of our people.  I was the fucking enemy, me!  I opened my eyes and made myself see all the ways I'd allowed myself to be used and abused, all the ways my good intentions helped pave a path to Hell.  I snapped.  I was filled so much rage, so much righteous indignation, so much self-hatred... though honestly hate is too mild a word for what I felt when I looked at myself.  I wanted to destroy it all ... I wanted to erase myself, and every lie I had ever been told from existence, to undo everything.  I wanted to shatter the bright illusion that had ruled my existence for as long as I could remember, so everyone else could see through the lies as well.  I wanted everyone else to feel my sense of betrayal and indignation, so we could somehow make everything right again.  But it seemed like, everyone were sheep. They were okay, even happy, with the lies - with this illusion that everything was just, and right, and beautiful.  It sickened me, because all I could see was the rot underneath, all I could do was strike out."

Sephiroth's fists were clenched tight in an imitation of choking the life out of someone, or something, his rage and pain a palpable feeling that hung in the air.  "And then I found JENOVA, and joined with her.  She is a seductress, an immortal goddess of chaos and orgasmic death.  I know that sounds strange, but there is no other way to put it.  Joined with her, witnessing in my mind the destruction of worlds and the death screams of countless sentient beings - it should have filled me with horror and empathetic pain - But what I felt was such ecstasy as their life forces collided with Jenova.  The memory of that first submersion into chaos and death, is still the most powerful orgasm I've ever had.  And after that, every time I killed the sexual pleasure was so intense! As if my libido was somehow hardwired to my bloodlust.  And Dark Goddess... it was addicting!"  Sephiroth panted as his body stirred to the memory of the blood-soaked orgasm.  

"I was an addict, addicted to the intense highs that came with every kill and forcibly self-ignorant to the negatives.  I willfully destroyed myself and everything I held dear about myself, and I didn't fucking care.  Isn't that what addicts do?  I was rage and pain, sex and bloodlust.  I was the ultimate sadist and the masochist with no limits. But then... then there you were.  Standing before me, so bright and beautiful, so indignant and angry.  I had been your hero, the one you wanted to emulate and you watched me fall apart.  You wanted me to fucking fight to be myself again.  And that infuriated me so much!  I loathed myself so much that I hated you for looking up to me.  I didn't deserve to be anyone's role-model.  I was not, and had never been, any kind of hero.  And yet, I didn't want you to know the truth, I didn't want you to see the reality I saw. I wanted you to have the hope that was denied me.  I wanted you to put me out of my misery, so you could kill not only the image of me as your hero, but me as the villian as well."

"Oh, Cloud, I used to be you, but I didn't want you to become me.  I don't want you to ever know that kind of self-loathing, that sense of hopeless despair that everything you've done for good has been in vain. That you were, in fact, the instrument of an evil so insipid that only something divine could root it out. I fought you, yes, but I prayed to every god that existed for me to fail.  I wanted you to end me, so you could save yourself.  And you did... exactly what I wanted you to, and yet we're both still wounded aren't we?  I want to see the world through your eyes again. I want to see beauty and hope and resilience of life. I want to once again, feel human.  To feel connected to this fragile life.  I see the seeds of self-doubt, self-loathing, and the death of purpose in you.  I want to prevent you from becoming me... and in the process perhaps, erase my past.  Become once again the man you used to look up to.  The company is gone, the lifestream once more flows naturally. Everything I had hoped to achieve has come to pass in spite of me.  I don't want to hate anymore, I'm tired of hating myself, tired of hating the world and all the evil doers in it.  I don't want to look underneath the beautiful surface searching for the flaws.  I want to become more like you. I want to see beauty in the world, while remaining wary of the darkness.  I want to become like you, before you become like me."

Last edited by Eilonwe on Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Mon May 15, 2017 9:08 pm

The man starred at the other through his entire speech. At some point he looked away and started starring at the pool in the middle of the church instead. All of this... all of this time... He didn't know what to think. Forgiveness was what Sephiroth was asking for. Complete forgiveness... but Cloud was not the only one that would have to forgive him, in order for the other to be forgiven. Not completely. Maybe Cloud's forgiveness was the only one Sephiroth was looking for, but it wasn't the only source that he would need in order to feel at ease with himself.

There were many others, so many others that would need that closure. That understanding that Sephiroth was indeed not the monster he had become any more. But there was just no way. There was no way that he could fix it all. Not everyone would forgive him.

And Cloud did know. He knew and he had run. He ran, after the death of his partner... his best friend. He'd run and joined the group against Shinra. He'd done all he could to stop them... but he hadn't turned into a mad man... and maybe that was because Sephiroth had. Maybe Sephiroth had, in a way, kept him from that fate. A round about, really fucked up way, but it was still a way to keep him from going off the deep end.

The main question of the matter, however, was if this was really how Sephiroth felt, or if it was all an act put on by a man that just wanted to finish off what he'd started so long ago.

But Cloud was tired. He was tired of fighting. Tired of running. Just... tired. He sighed and without thinking. Without putting ever thought in his head forward against what could happen, he laid his head on Sephiroths' chest. He pressed it against the man's soft skin and felt the warmth of it coming up to meet his cheeks. He was so tired... And right here, right now was warm.... inviting; relaxing.

Slowly, he rolled his head to the side and stood up straight, looking into the other's eyes. Maybe this was a mistake... maybe he shouldn't allow the other to be forgiven. Maybe he shouldn't allow himself to forgive Sephiroth... but everything melted away when he looked into his eyes. Those green and yellow eyes that had once struck fear, anxiety, passion... doubt... they brought about something new... Renewal. Not only in himself, but in the other again.

"Maybe... maybe," he stressed, his eyes narrowing and his voice hissing in a rather cross way, "I can forgive you... And... maybe everyone else can too.

"It won't be today," he said suddenly, putting his hands up to emphasize the gravity of everything, "It most definitely won't be tomorrow..." He said, trailing off for a moment, looking to the puddle again, and sighed, rubbing at the bridge of his nose and then back to Sephiroth. He looked into his eyes again and felt his heart throb with... pain? Admiration? ... Love? He wasn't sure... All he knew was that... he would try. He knew he had to try... if not for himself, then for the other. He felt he was being sincere... so maybe he needed to give him half a change. Maybe.

He couldn't help but think it though. That slight fear and doubt creeping back up his spine as he looked the other man up and down. His long hair flowing around his shoulders and back like liquid silver. If he made one move... he'd end him again... without any hesitation.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 am

Sephiroth held his breath as Cloud approached, half tensed for a blow which never came. Instead - but for a moment - Cloud leaned on him. Placed his forehead against Sephiroth's chest and then his cheek as he sighed and Sephiroth could feel the weight of Cloud's weariness as if it were a physical thing. He raised his arms to cradle the other against, but then Cloud was standing up, slipping away, still unwilling to let himself rest.

still, it made Sephiroth smile to hear that he had a chance, that Cloud was willing to at least try to forgive him. He knew it would take time. He just had to be patient.

Sephiroth stepped closer, and placed his fingers lightly on Cloud's ribs, afraid if he raised his arm to touch Cloud's cheek the way he wanted to Cloud would strike out before thinking. "Cloudstrife... thank you. Will you let yourself rest for a while? I..." Sephiroth blushed "I'd like it if you would just sit with me a while, lean against me again? I miss... I just miss touching someone and being touched. All I've done for years is fight, my touch meant to harm. I just want... never mind... I just thought it would be nice for once..."

Sephiroth dipped his head, hoping Cloud would the read the sincerity in his eyes over the simple request. But it had felt so good when Cloud leaned against him. That moment of warmth seeping into his chest and thawing some of his heart.

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 am

Cloud had almost knocked away the other's hand from his body, but something inside of him stopped his reaction just in time.

That's when he'd heard the man's request. He looked up into Sephiroth's eyes and he did see his sincerity. He looked away then with... anger? Disgust?... Longing...? He wasn't sure. All he really knew was that he too, was lonely... He wanted some form of comfort in all of this, but he knew that Tifa just couldn't provide what he needed. He needed a friend... he needed a lover.

But to have Sephiroth... as a friend... as a partner... It almost seemed like he was mentally slapping Zack across the face, himself. He almost felt guilty for thinking of Sephiroth in that way... But there was something else... Yes, it was definitely longing. To need to touch. To come together and allow that to be the first part of his forgiveness. Surely Zack had forgiven the other already? He had to have been apart of the reason why Sephiroth had even been allowed to come back in the first place. That is, of course, under the assumption that he had descended from the place where Aerith and Zack were to begin with.

Shivering a little, Cloud realized that he'd been thinking about this, long enough for the moon to grace them with it's gentle glow, from over the tops of the cathedral. He looked around again, then over to Sephiroth once more, and slowly allowed his guard to completely drop. For just one night, he thought to himself. He was going to allow himself to trust someone again.

Slowly, he moved back towards Sephiroth and took his hand, leading him over to the small bedding area that he'd already laid out for himself. A little area that he never truly took care of and rolled up. He made sure that the other was laid out carefully, being mindful of his new stitching and his arm and leg, before Cloud himself undressed down to a pair of simple pants and laid next to the other.

It took him a few more hours, but slowly enough, he rolled over and rested his head against the other man's chest. He could hear his heart pumping... he could feel the warmth there and for the first time in a very long time... Cloud Strife allowed himself to cry. It wasn't dramatic and loud. In fact, if Sephiroth couldn't feel the wetness against his skin, he'd never know that the other was actually crying. His shoulder's didn't shake and his breathing didn't falter. Tears were the only give away. Hot, large tears that ran down his cheeks slowly and to the other's chest where they cooled slowly.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Thu May 18, 2017 6:45 am

Sephiroth watched as Cloud turned his face away, staring at the little pond as emotions flashed across his profile. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, rejection for certain but not this... not a long stretched out length of silence. He barely held back a gasp as Cloud took his hand and silently led him over to his bedroll. With silent tugs and encouragement he led Sephiroth to lie down comfortably and then laid himself down next to him - close enough to touch.

Oh how Sephiroth ached to reach out and pull Cloud to him, but he couldn't do that. He had been given at least this gift, the ability to at least be close enough to feel some of the warmth of Cloud's body heat. When Cloud at last rolled over and laid his head on Sephiroth's chest he felt a heaviness leave his chest replaced by the warm weight of the other's head. If he weren't so acutely aware of everything he might have missed Cloud's tears. Gods but each warm drop felt like a knife and a balm all at once. Perhaps there was a chance Cloud could heal, that he could overcome the darkness of his past and once again shine so beautifully. Sephiroth raised his hand and let his fingers trail softly along Cloud's back. Massaging gently into the other's scalp and along the bones of his spine. Every inch he could touch and sooth , it felt good to give comfort, to feel the warm weight of Cloud's body against his even his body ached. He wouldn't trade this moment for any amount of pain killers. It was enough to just lie there silently, relishing the moment. This moment didn't need words. Neither man would be able to adequately explain - the emotions were too deep too vulnerable for that.

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 pm

After a while, Cloud fell into a deep sleep. He dreamed that he was floating in a vast space, a warm embrace encircling him, as he hummed, nuzzling closer. Sephiroth appeared in the stars, the light taking over him, as he smiled softly. Everything was fine, he realized. The planet gone, the cosmos at his disposal. He was finally at peace, and he was happy. I love you... He whispered, though he didn't feel his lips moving, the words just were there. His voice just appeared, but he wasn't sure from where.

When the man woke, he felt like he'd fallen himself, from that spot in space, in the vastness of the void. His body ached and his head was spinning. He looked down and saw Sephiroth there, his eyes on him. "Did you sleep any?" He asked softly, swallowing down a lump in his throat, but he didn't feel like he was thirsty.

He got up anyway, pouring himself some water and brought some over to Sephiroth, helping him drink, before he sat down and rubbed at his face. A new day, but all the same troubles. What was he going to do now? He wondered to himself. He couldn't go back to the town with Sephiroth... And he didn't want to leave the other alone again, while he figured out what he was going to do.

And on top of that, what was Harlequin going to do? Would he tell anyone what was going on? Would he say anything to people he passed, that Sephiroth was back? Would there eventually be an angry mob outside, demanding for the other's blood? These questions began to swirl around him tauntingly. He didn't want to think that such things would come to be, but at the same time, it was the worry of it all that began to weigh on his mind.

A few days, he thought. He would give it a few days and see what all happened. If by that time, no one came to call, then he would start introducing Sephiroth to the others. He would start working the man back into normal society and take him on hunting trips. Help him build his name up again. Always working, always watching. That's what Cloud figured would be the best way to help Sephiroth get the forgiveness that he was so desperate to seek out.

He looked back at the man and smiled softly, coming back over and began to check on his injuries. "Looks like through everything, your healing factors from the SOLDIER serum is still in effect... Your back is already healed and your leg... your arm looks like it just needs a few more hours, too." He said, impressed that it was that way, but not surprised, entirely.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Sun May 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Sephiroth could not say that he truly slept, dosed really. There was something vigilant and protective within him that would not allow him to be fully unconscious while Cloud was sleeping. He felt a responsiblity to keep Cloud safe in his vulnerability. Cloud snuggled a bit closer in his sleep and Sephiroth couldn't help but smile at that. Cloud was naturally a person who needed touch, but he had probably held himself away from others these past few years out of a desire to not be hurt again.

When Cloud finally woke he watched as the weight of his troubles fell around Cloud's shoulders like a heavy cloak. He stirred himself, rubbing his face in that cute way of his, as if he could wipe away his troubles, or perhaps wake himself from the semi-nightmare his life had become.

He took the offered glass of water and drank it gratefully. "A little, I wasn't really all that tired. My mind was racing, going over my past and who I once was. What about you? You seemed to sleep pretty hard for a while, how long has been since you slept through the night?" Sephiroth asked, hoping that the answer would be that Cloud had slept better in Sephiroth's arms than he had in a while. If that was the case, perhaps Sephiroth could use that as an excuse to share Cloud's bedroll.

Sephiroth thought about what he wanted for himself, from Cloud and from their relationship. First and foremost he wanted to be Cloud's friend again; wanted to be someone Cloud could, and would be willing to, depend upon. He wanted to be worthy of Cloud's trust and dependence. But as he was trying to be honest with himself, he had always been attracted to Cloudstrife from the moment he'd met the young enthusiastic teen. When they'd first met he was Cloudstrife's superior and it would have been fraternization to pursue his attraction. Perhaps it would have been possible if they weren't both SOLDIER's and had different careers but they had comrades.

Later they had been hated enemies. Sephiroth had hated himself and hated Cloud's steadfast innocence. He'd hated that Cloud could still see the beauty of the world around him, hated him because he was jealous. And Cloud had hated Sephiroth for killing his friends and for becoming his enemy. Cloudstrife had held Sephiroth on such a high pedestal that his fall from grace shattered some of Cloud's belief that good would always prevail over evil. That hatred came to a head and then broke upon Cloud's blade as it slid into Sephiroth's body severing his hatred even as it severed his life.

Now though, things were different. They no longer hated each other but neither were they friends. At best they were ambivalent toward each other. Cloudstrife was tolerant of him, willing to allow him the chance to prove himself and that was prevailing proof in the goodness of Cloudstrife's heart.

Standing up he held out his hand, a silent request for permission to touch. "What would you like to do today? Perhaps I could held you with something."

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Cloud looked down at the offered hand and sighed, smiling as he took it and looked up to Sephiroth. "Well... I think you should take one more day to rest." He said honestly, rubbing at his neck a little in thought. "But I can't stay away from town for too long... I need to check on the people I've been working with recently... as well as my adopted children and Tifa." He said softly, as he sighed.

Seeing other people took so much energy these days, but he supposed that it would be worth it. "I won't be long, but I'd like for you to try to walk around a little. When your arm feels up to it, I want you to do a few light workouts, just to get your strength back. I shouldn't be too long." He said, getting himself some more water, before he made his way back for a few supplies.

It wasn't a particularly long ride into town, but being stranded out in the wastes between New Midgar and the old plates. "Just... be here when I get back, alright?" He asked, before he suddenly had an idea. He went back to his supplies and began to rummage through them. Before too long, he pulled out a small old phone. It still worked and was still technically under his plan. He just had upgraded to a new phone, but kept this one active in case the other broke or got lost. "Here... Use this to keep in communication with me... So if someone comes by and finds you, I'll be here as quickly as I can. Or... you know, if you just want to talk." He said, handing the other the phone.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 am

Sephiroth was grateful for the opportunity to be able to communicate with Cloudstrife but he had to hold back a frown when he heard that Cloud had ... children?. In a way he could totally see Cloud as a father, but on the other hand how fucked up was that? He more than just about any other knew just how fucked in the head Cloud had to be. But then again, Cloud was naive enough and stubborn enough to try to be the man he once was for them. Full of wonder and honor and innocence and a belief in the goodness of the universe. Just what every child needed until reality crushed their hopes and dreams.

"Thanks, I'll do that." He promised as he took the phone. "So, your number is programmed in? " He asked, still holding it out in case Cloudstrife needed to program his number into it.

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Cloud nodded at the question. "Yeah, it's there." He walked out to the front and towards his bike then, starting it up and felt his heart ache. Why? He wasn't completely sure.

It didn't take him long to reach Midgar as he'd expected, he smiled when Denzel and Marlene came out of class and cried out in happiness, running towards him. "Where have you been?!" The girl insisted, putting her hands on her hips, as he chuckled, just like Tifa, he mused, as he picked her up and took Denzel's hand into his own, leading them over to his motorbike. "I've been helping a rather old friend." He said softly, setting them onto the bike and putting a couple of helmets onto their little heads, making sure everything was in order before he drove them off towards the new pub. Or rather... old one... it was complicated in his head still. "Tifa!! Cloud is home!" Marlene exclaimed as soon as she came in through the door, as Tifa dropped something, rushing over to the little wrap around and saw Cloud with her own eyes.

"Where have you been!?" She said, putting her hands on her hips, as Cloud couldn't help the second laugh and embraced her. "I've been helping a friend... You wouldn't know him..." He said, as she frowned. Cloud and her had been friends for as long as she'd known him... but then again, there were several people he'd met through Zack... Perhaps it was one of those... soldiers.

He stayed for some updates and important happenings within the still functioning group. He was mostly interested in what Vincent had uncovered on his own excursion, checking in was rare, so when Tifa mentioned him, the blonde listened. "Good... but more information is always needed." He said, standing as the woman watched him and gave a soft sigh, the children already in bed asleep. "You're not staying, are you?" She asked then, as he looked back and then shook his head, turning away, "I can't... my friend is in a very... delicate transition and I can't--"
"Can't what? Bother us with this man? Who is it that is so important you have to go running off to tend to him?" She insisted, as Cloud sighed, "You wouldn't understand, Tifa... And I'm sorry that I'm still absent, but... I just still have a lot to think of." He said, coming over to her and touching her cheek, but it didn't quite send the same feelings through him that he'd figured it should. They were living together, after all... had been for however long.

"I have to go." He said, quickly pulling away and back outside, as she stormed after him, her face lit with anger. "Who is it, Cloud!? I deserve to know!"
Cloud hung his head a little and couldn't deny it. She did deserve to know, but did she need to know right now? Already so worked up? It was dark already on top of that. He couldn't risk leaving the man alone for much longer. "I will tell you when it is the right time, Tifa... just please... Trust me. I know it's difficult, but please... I need to go." He said, starting the engine and was gone, leaving the woman to stand angrily behind. What he didn't see was the tears starting to stream down her cheeks or that she'd fallen to her knees when he was out of sight.

Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilonwe Thu May 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Sephiroth sighed as he watched Cloudstrife walk away. It was so like the young Soldier to make certain that Sephiroth could get in touch with him. Cloudstrife had always been a "Leave no man behind" kind of guy - exactly the type of brotherhood to which Sephiroth had once belonged. He shook his head as all of the selfish reasons and angry excuses rushed in, his rationalization for why it had been okay to walk away from his brothers. It all seemed so stupid now. He had been played by a supreme being as if he were no more than powerful chess piece. But game piece on the board of life, not the hand moving the pieces as he once thought. Having lived through his previous life, and having also died - his perspective had definitely changed. Jenova was a being of chaos and greed, manipulative and cunning. An eater of worlds that had a special liking for the destruction of worlds with sentient life. But this world was different, the planet itself was a living sentient being, unlike anything Jenova had encountered before the lure was too much to be ignored.

Thankfully, Jenova had been stopped and the world was slowly recovering. To say that Sephiroth's pride had been bruised was an understatement. It had been completely obliterated in his defeat and death. He lived in doubt of almost every thought, every decision before him. But he could not bring himself to walk away. There was a crippling loneliness within him and he just couldn't bring himself to try to fill that void with stranger. He needed to reconcile with Cloudstrife, because he was the only man still living who had known him both before and after his transformation into an evil monster bent on destroying the world.

After giving himself a light spongebath, he took off his shirt and stretched in the warm sunlight. His healing muscles and tendons pulled painfully but the stretching did help ease some of the rope-taut tension in his neck and shoulders. The sutures that held the wound in his shoulder blade itched, telling him that they were healing. Nevertheless, he found himself wishing for a hot spring and strong hands to massage away the tension.

He caught himself almost smiling as he imagined Cloudstrife giving him a massage. Would he blush? Sephiroth had always known that Cloudstrife had been infatuated with him once, but he had never been certain if some of it was sexual. It certainly wouldn't have offended him at the time, if that was the case. Now, though... the thought of such intimacy made him shiver with a frisson of desire.

Eilonwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2